The Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance is an invitation-only, judged event. Entries are limited to 118 cars. This represents one car for each year since the Pinehurst Resort opened in 1895. In subsequent years, we will open the show field to one additional entrant in keeping with the resorts founding date.
The Pinehurst Concours d’Elegance Selection Committee chose entrants that personify the overall themes of Sport, Design and Elegance within the vehicle classes and support the Featured Marque and/or Designer.
Participating automobiles and motorcycles are judged for its historical significance, originality, technical accuracy, style and design. The overall best will be recognized as Best in Show for Elegance, Sport and Design.
Each class will be awarded a:
- Pinehurst Award for "Best in Class"
- Ross Award for "Second in Class"
- Tufts Award for "Third in Class"
In addition, the inaugural Pinehurst Concours d'Elegance will recognize the overall best out of the 118 featured vehicles.
- Best in Show
- Hagerty Jr. Judges Award
- Historical Vehicle Association and Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens Award
- Robert Dedman Award
- Soldier’s Choice Award
- Chairman’s Award
1. Brass Era Cars 1895 to 1915
2. Production Prewar 1916 to 1942
3. Production Postwar 1946 to 1982
5. Sports and GT Cars: Small Bore
6. Sports and GT Cars: Large Bore
7. American and European Classics 1925 to 1948
8. Preservation Cars
9. American Muscle Cars 1961 to 1974
11. Race Cars 1900 to Present
12. The Cars of Holman Moody (Display Only)